Urethane Foam - PORON® Material
PORON® is a microcellular urethane foam with extremely low compression set. These high density, flexible cellular products are manufactured by continuously casting and curing mechanically frothed urethane intermediates to the desired thickness. By controlling chemistry and density, the properties of PORON® materials can be widely varied.
Application highlighted properties:
- Excellent compression set resistance which enables durable, long-term performance for gasketing, sealing and cushioning.
- Low-outgassing and non-fogging, containing no plasticizers or residual chemicals to contaminate the device. The material will not become brittle and crumble and is non-corrosive to metal.
- Inherently flame retardant without the use of additives. Many of the materials meet flammability requirements of UL HBF and MVSS 302.
- Engineered urethane formulations offering a wide modulus range -2-90 psi 25% deflection -for more design versatility requirements.
- Good chemical resistance
- Easy to fabricate, die-cuts cleanly and works with a broad range of adhesives
- Broad range of formulas and thicknesses from 0.012" to 0.500" (0.43mm to 12.7mm)
PORON® Product Information Chart
|PORON® Product Name||Density||Applications||Download|
|4790-92||Extra Soft||Material has slow rebound with the lowest closure force. Standard available thickness range from 0.021" to 0.500" (0.53 mm to 12.7 mm).||
|4701-30||Very Soft||Easily compressed for use where flexibility is a key requirement. Standard available thickness range from 0.021" to .500" (0.53 mm to 12.7 mm).||
|4701-40||Soft||General purpose material for a wide variety of applications. Standard available thickness range from 0.031" to 0.500" (0.79 mm to 12.7 mm).||
|4701-41||Soft||Enhanced sealability material offering greater closed-cell content for demanding vacuum sealing applications or low closure-force requirements. Standard available thickness range from 0.031" to 0.500" (0.79 mm to 12.7 mm).||
|4701-50||Firm||Used for managing high energy impact with gasketing needs. Standard available thickness range from 0.012" to 0.500" (0.30 mm to 12.7 mm)||
|4701-60||Very Firm||Used for energy management solutions for enclosure gasketing applications. Standard available thickness range from 0.021" to 0.500" (0.53 mm to 12.7 mm)||
|XRD||Firm||PORON®XRD™ is a breakthrough technology that has been tested to absorb up to 90 percent of energy when impacted at high strain rates. The extreme impact protection is ideal for use in sporting goods, outdoor industry products and other applications where protection, comfort, and consistent performance are required.||