Garlock® GYLON® gasketing is a family of severe service PTFE gasketing materials manufactured using a proprietary process that imparts unique physical properties that are not obtainable through conventional manufacturing methods.
The innovative GYLON® manufacturing process reorients the PTFE and fillers in a way that increases the material’s tensile properties and decreases the creep relaxation problems that usually plague PTFE products. In addition, the mixing process creates a homogenous material with consistent, superior physical properties that, unlike inferior skived PTFE sheet gaskets, do not fluctuate from one side of the sheet to another.
Plus, our patented thermal bonding process allows us to fabricate gaskets of nearly any size. Designed for severe chemical service, GYLON® gaskets are color-coded for easy identification and provide superior sealability to reduce process and media loss and fugitive emissions. They also reduce creep and cold flow characteristics.
Gylon 3565 Info
|Gylon 3565 Specifications|
|Max Pressure:||800 (PSI)|
|Maximum PxT 1/16:||350,000 (°F x PSIG)|
|Maximum PxT 1/8:||250,000 (°F x PSIG)|
Gylon 3565 product style is PTFE with aluminosilicate microsphere filler.
- Soft, deformable exterior conforms to surface irregularities; ideal for worn, warped or pitted flanges
- Stable blue core improves cold flow resistance
- Low bolt load requirements ensure a tight seal on glass-lined or wavy flanges*
- Direct sintering of GYLON® layers prevents leak paths and adhesive contamination
- Unitized construction avoids jacket foldover
- Rigid core facilitates installation of large gaskets
- Custom-cut gaskets from large sheets offer convenience while reducing costly inventory buildup
- Ideal replacement for slit, milled, formed shield and double jacketed envelope gaskets*
- Moderate Concentration of caustics
- Moderate Concentration of acids
- glass-lined equipment
When sealing uneven flanges, gasket must be four times thicker than maximum gap between flanges.